Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Block Of The Month

Over the past few days I finished my blocks for the Rossville Block of the Month. The July block had the pattern from Rossville Quilt Shop (Rossville, IN) and they included extra fabric to make up a block of your own. We had to use the Moda line of fabric, none out of our stash. The winner will receive 20 fat quarters or 5 yards of fabric for the completion of the quilt top for sashing, borders, or whatever. I included Redwork in my blocks. I couldn't help myself so I made two blocks. There are many talented quilters in this club, so it will be fun to see what all of the blocks look like. They will be hanging up in the shop for everyone to see.

I started making another Quilt Of Valour quilt in red, white, and blue. The blocks are the Shooting Star block from Marcia's web site Quilter's Cache. There is such a big variety of blocks and quilts to choose from to make. My friend, Ruthie is a block tester for Marcia.

On Saturday I delivered the Black and White Star quilt to be quilted. Ruthie helped me choose the backing for it. She had just purchased backing fabric from Hancock's of Paducah it was the perfect color/pattern and since my backing was a few inches to small we traded fabrics and it was ready to go. I want this quilt DONE!

Recently I purchased a hand pieced quilt top from a little flea market store called Klassy Klutter on south 4th St., lafayette, IN. It is red with white muslin with plain white alternating blocks. It is made of four patches and half square triangles. It is called the Anvil block. Of course, red and white together are one of my favorite combination.

I gave two kitchen size bags 0f scraps to my sister to deliver to her church for ladys to make charity quilts. You would never know that it is gone from my room.

Did you notice the idea for sewing cases made out of long potholder's? It is in one of the recent Fon's and Porter magazines. Ruthie brought one back /or made one from her Internet quilt group's retreat in St. Louis, MO. It's cute.

I know this is a long post, but it's been awhile since I logged on here to post anything. I have to get caught up.

Iv'e been making hexagon's to make some kind of Grandmother's Flower Garden. I enjoy making them.





No comments: