Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Is Almost Here and Busy, Busy, Busy

I've been sewing up a storm. I finished a quilt for my sister and delivered it to her the day before Easter. Randy was home for the weekend and we went for a family Easter dinner. I told her, "Read this label and tell me what you think." When she got to the part that says made especially for: she started to cry and said "Oh Thank You". So everyone got to be there for her surprise. The quilt is named"Happy Squares". It was made with Moda's line Gypsy Rose. I used a jelly roll and a charm pack. With a few extras added to the mix. I quilted it at Ruthie's Quilting the Monday before. I used the Leafage pantograph.

I finished the Rossville block of the month quilt from last year. Ruthie quilted it with her Circle lord in fan pattern and it is beautiful. All I have left to do is sew the binding down on the back and put on a label.

The quilt that I made with Moda's line Maypole designed by april Cornell is almost finished. I used the free pattern that I got when I purchased the fabric. It turned out beautiful. Ruthie quilted and I hope to get the pictures put on here soon. i have the binding and label to do on the back.

I have the binding done on my king size redwork quilt. It's 108 X 108, 120 8" redwork blocks that I hand embroidered. I have to do the sleeve and put on the label which is printed and ready to apply. Ruthie did a dfantastic job quilting this quilt. It was a Christmas surprise for me. I absolutely love it!

If you go to Ruthie's blog www.threadsofmine@blogspot.com she has some pictures of my quilts.

I went to the quilt show in Chicago yesterday by bus there was a group of 42 of us. The show was lovely but it was so crowded. This is the second year that I've been to the Spring show.

No comments: