Monday, January 5, 2009

Getting Ready for a Busy Weekend

Tmorrow night is one of my guild nights "Old Tippecanoe Quilt Guild"West Lafayette, IN. Ruthie from threadsofmine and I will go out to eat somewhere. Our goal is to check out places that we haven't been to before. OTQG is located near the campus 0f Purdue University and sometimes the parking situation and weather will dictate where we will go last month it was Brunos.

This coming weekend January 10th we are having a "Mini Charmer" bag workshop. We hope that the weather will be mild. Participants will sign up tomorrow night. The pattern can be purchased at www.quiltsillustrated.com


This is a picture of part of my fabric stash. This fabric is yardage of a yard or more. The cubbies go all the way down to the floor and I have added more cubes since this picture was taken.There isn't room for the smaller amounts. I'm embarrassed for you to see the rest of the room. Ruthie and Carole A. have both helped me in this room. I have come to the conclusion that I have too much stuff for this small room. It's only 12X12.

Kitchen table to the left.






Living room




Everything was removed from other rooms and put into the "Studio" and it is a tad full!


I have all of the fabric in the living room for the "Double Delight" Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt from Quiltville.com.You can see how it's going to look by clicking on the links. I love it!


Another guild that I belong to "Common Threads" Lafayette, IN is having a Nickel Swap and I now have almost all twelve months cut in 5" squares and in ziplocs. I have to buy more turquoise and black on black fabric. I've been purchasing fabric on line along with my stash for the swap. There are over 30 participants. Ruthie nor I were expecting that many people in this swap. How fun will this be? When the swap is over we will have a Nickel Squares sewing workshop in 2010.We all love scrappy quilts, and the methods used to create them are usually very fast and
simple. Our Nickel Quilt Fabric Exchange is just that. It is based on Pat Speth’s books - Nickel
Quilts and More Nickel Quilts. Everyone will sometime over the next year purchase one of Pat's book.


On January 17th Ruthie and I will be having another "Mini Charmer" bag workshop. There are 35 members signed up for this one. I'm so excited to see all the bags that are made with charm packs or cut 5" squares.

No comments: